I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Dream: Lost Soldier

All I remember about last night's dream was that I was a soldier that had been wounded, and left on the battlefield because I was presumed to be dead. The dream had a medieval feel to it, and I think the war might have been the crusades. I was unconscious for weeks because of my injuries. When I awoke from that unconsiousness I was in a strange bed, in a room I didnt' recognize. It was night and my bed was by the window. I could see a huge city lit spread out below this window, as the house was high on a hill in the city. I could see torches, and candles in people's windows. I had never seen a city before because I was raised in a small village. It was beautiful. I remember very vividly the breeze from the window blowing across my half-bandaged face, bringing with it the smell of people's fireplaces. I couldn't move, but I started to cry.

When I woke up from this dream, I was sitting up looking out the window next to my bed. I really was crying, and it took me several minutes to regain my own identity. It was very confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment