I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sleep Texts: Fire Demon

This happened a few weeks ago. I was saving it for a post when I didn't dream anything worth writing the night before. This is probably the most epic of all the sleep texting. It's certainly the longest. I haven't spoken much to Kane in the past few years -we knew each other in high school. But he knew from facebook that I had been sleep texting people. So he was ready when he received a text from me.

Me:
Why is the snow melting so fast? I think this is a bad sign. You should turn back, its too dangerous.

Kane: The mission is too important. Why do you think it's a bad sign? We have to go on!

Me: It only just started melting. And I have a feeling I'm the one causing it. The deeper we go into this wood, the tighter his influence is on me.

Kane: Whose influence? Why haven't you told me? You know I can't do this without you.
Kane: (after a long pause in which I don't reply): Your silence is damning.

Me: I know full well you have heard the strange stories that have come forth about my parentage. He is after me now, in exchange for the safety of the village. Go back and tell my mother I forgive her for keeping the truth from me.

Kane: Your mother would never forgive me if I let you go alone. What weapons do you have?

Me: Only water from the sacred spring. There is no weapon against a demon of fire. All he demands is me. I must claim my heritage to save the village.

Kane: What makes you think you can trust him? Have you forgotten the siege?

Me: The what? Is the wood madness beginning already upon you? You must go back. He will only kill you if you come with me.

Kane: You're not ready! Please, there has to be another way!

Me: Already his influence is closing on me. The snow melts in a radius around me. I will die, or be like him. You have been a brother to me, but He may use me to hurt you.

Kane: Did you forget the amulet my father gave me? It's old but there's still magic in it. His influence is too strong for you to resist alone!

Me: I cannot take it. It will melt in my hand. My skin is growing hotter. Touch my arm, carefully. Do I burn you?

Kane: It's...warm...hot even, but I can take it.

Me: It's protecting you, then. I'm afraid my father is awakening the fire within me. He said I can burn gods. I'm afraid of what he will use me for.

Kane: If it's protecting me, surely I can help. Are you sure he can be burned.

Me: Of course not. My father is fire. I fear he means to use me against the gods

Kane: Then how will you overcome him? Or do you even want to anymore?

Me: There is no victory. I go to save the village. He wants only me in return.

Kane: If he kills the gods the people of the village will wish they were dead.

Me: What are you suggesting then? Already I grow both weaker and so much stronger.

Kane: There are other sources of magic than your father's fire. Whatever he wants you to do, you need to avoid!

Me: No.
Me: I am lost.
Me: I am lost.

Kane: I know. But it's not too late to turn back and strategize.
Kane: Think of your mother
Kane: Are you there?

1 comment:

  1. haha, this is awesome. Kane would manage to keep it going that long.

    ReplyDelete