I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Sleep Texts from Last Night

I tend to text the same people over and over again. Right now I'm in a cycle of texting my friends Catheryne, Anjin, Chris, and sometimes Jake or John.

Once I even texted my professor. He had heard of my notorious sleep texting, so he wasn't completely confused when it happened. I was rather mortified. This is what I said to him:
"What are all these giant hindu butterflies doing in my house? Did you invite them in?"
He didn't respond. And I don't remember doing it, so I have no idea what the context is.

The way this usually happens is I send out a mass text, and then have different conversations with my friends who are all delighted to try to play along. I told them not to encourage me, but they say it's like a text based game. :P
This is a conversation I had with several friends last night:

me: Has the royal mage left yet? Is the garden unattended?
Catheryne: I think he left? But I don't know where he would have gone. Do you?
me: I'm sure he left on his errand the king demanded.
Catheryne: probably. Why do you need him?
Me: Haven't you been paying attention? What i need is for him to be away from the garden.
Catheryne: No. Sorry I was daydreaming. Is there anything I can do to help?
Me: Make sure I am not followed. Noone must know. It is forbidden.
Catheryne: Okay. I will guard it with my life. Where exactly are you going, though?

Me: I am going to find the blue rose of forgetfulness.

Me to Jake: Has the royal mage left yet? Is the garden unattended?
Jake: He left a few moments ago just as the rain began to fall. Shall I go after him?
Me: No. Stay at the gate until I am done. This may take some time.

Me to Anjin:Has the royal mage left yet? Is the garden unattended?
Anjin: Where are the fountains?
Me: What? Why do you not answer me?
Anjin: But I have? He has left for the day. What should I do?
Me: Make certain noone follows me. This is of utmost importance.
Anjin:I will do as you say. When should I expect your return?
Me; As soon as I find the blue rose of forgetfulness.
Anjin: But the way is too dangerous. Will you be alright? Perhaps I should accompany you...
Me: And provide me with what protection exactly? Do as I tell you and stay at the gate. Let noone in.
Anjin: I'll be your eyes and ears. What should be the sign should he return?

My friends have figured out in the past year that they have to stay within my subconscious' story, otherwise I'll stop talking to them. It also helps if they ask me questions. There always comes a point when I stop responding -I probably fall into a deeper sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment