I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Small Dreams

I'm visiting my mom in New Orleans right now. I always seem to dream less when I'm here. Category 1 dreams only lately.

For example, I dreamed last night that I was wandering around in darkness wondering where everyone went. Some random stranger passed by in a hurry and I asked him.
"What, didn't you hear?" He said. "No dreams right now."
"Why not?" I asked.
"What do I know, I'm just an extra. They don't tell me nuthin."
And he hurried away.

In another dream, I was just sitting in the living room with my mom and sister, when I suddenly realized that I forgot to pay rent.
"Shit! I forgot to send in the rent check!"
My sister said "Well, don't forget. You'll have to do it when you wake up. But sometimes stuff like this is hard to remember between dreams and waking."
"You're right," I said. I turned to my mom. "Will you remind me when I wake up?"
She paused and said, "I can try. But I don't think that's how it works."
When I woke up I did remember, but I also remembered that I sent in the rent last week.


Maybe it's the heat. My brain gets lazy in 99 degree weather, just like the rest of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment