I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Why I shouldn't sleep on public transportation

I was on a plane yesterday, headed to New Orleans to visit my mom.
I was only resting my eyes.... I wasn't sleeping....
At least, I didn't know I was sleeping. For obvious reasons, I try not to fall asleep on public transportation -especially planes, where security is high.

Apparently I turned to the Australian girl in the seat next to me and said:
"Yes, most assuredly!"
I don't remember saying this. The conversation that followed was rather confusing and went something like this:

Her: "What?"
Me (waking up): "What?"
Her: "I'm sorry, what did you say?"
Me: "I'm sorry, what?"
Her: "You just said something to me."
Me: "I did?"
Her: "Yeah. You said: 'Yes, most assuredly!'"
Me: "I did? ...I'm sorry."
Her: "Sorry? For what?"
Me: "I said that in my sleep. I'm awake now though. Sorry."
Her: "Oh! ...oh, ok."



Awkward.
At least what I said was very innocent. Imagine the trouble I could get into on a plane. Imagine if I didn't wake up, and continued talking.
No more sleeping on public transportation.

No comments:

Post a Comment