I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Sleeptexting: Soul Cupboard

This is my favorite sleeptexting session I've had in a while.
It seems as though my subconscious is adapting to the new phone. I had a sleeptexting session last night that was half in Abc code, half in T9 mode. Catheryne took the time to decode them, so that she could respond.

We had been texting last night about the video game Zelda. She was telling me about the temple she was currently in. The last thing she said was something about the map.

Me: But without the map, I can't find the soul cupboard.

Catheryne: How to you propose to get the map?

Me: G gatd tm dapm gt. Gt aammmt ad tajdm. Gt mtpt ad ggtdm. ("I have to earn it. It cannot be taken. It must be given.)

Catheryne: How are you going to earn it?

Me: That's the hard part. You need a soul for the mapkeepers to be able to see you.

Catheryne: A soul? What kind of soul?

Me: Tgdpd gp mmjw mmd twpd. Wgat a mgmdjdpp ptdptgmm. mgmd gp gm tgd atpamapd pgggt mmw, pm wmt pdd mw ppmajdm. ("There's only one type. What a mindless question. Mine is in the cupboard right now, so you see my problem.")

Catheryne: Yes, that is quite the predicament. How are you going to get a soul so the mapkeepers can see you?

Me: Maybe I can borrow one. A couple of soul sharks owe me a favor.

Catheryne: That sounds like a decent plan. I hope it goes well. Soul sharks scare me a little. Will the mapkeepers care if you use a soul that isn't yours?

Me: They can't tell the difference. They have soulsense, not soulsight. You still have half your soul, why don't you try to get the map for me?

Catheryne: That sounds really dangerous. What if they can sense that I only have half of my soul?!?!

Me: Just offer them a gift first thing. A sense is usually customary. You don't really need your sense of taste. I'll make it up to you.

Catheryne: What? You're out of your mind! I love my sense of taste! Can't I offer them something else?

Me: Oh never mind, halfsoul. I'll find someone else. Go do whatever it is you do. Go taste something.

Catheryne: I just don't see how you can make up for me putting myself and my senses at risk for you! There's no need to be nasty. What are you offering for such a personal risk?



I vaguely remember some things about this reality. You could take out your soul and put it someplace to keep it safe, or give it away. I think I lost mine in a bet or something. The senses could be traded, and it was rare for one person to have all their senses at any one time. You traded them for favors, etc.

"Go taste something." I might have to start saying that to Catheryne from now on. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment