I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Little Big Dreams

I dreamed I was being attacked by El Niño. He was an assassin, sent to kill me. He had a theme song that played every time he was in the room. It sounded like a theme song to a cheesy 80s cop show.
"El Niño! He get's his man every time! Oh yeah! El Niñooooooooooo!!!"


I also dreamed I was sitting in bed petting my roommate's cat Musubi, looking out the window as it rained. It was a pleasant afternoon. Then Musubi turned to look up at me, and in a very deep man's voice (despite the fact that she's a girl cat,) she said:
"Your alarm is gonna go off soon. You're not gonna like it. I feel sorry for you."
Instead of being surprised that Musubi could talk, I looked at her slightly confused.
"What do you mean, Musubi? I didnt' set my alarm. I wasn't planning to take a nap."
"That doesn't matter," she said, "because you're asleep anyway."
I went from confused to slightly paniced that she might be right and I didn't even know that I was asleep. I went through a whole existential crisis about what it really means to be asleep, and how do we know if we are dreaming at any given time.

Then my alarm went off. Musubi was right, I didn't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment