I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sleeptexting: Sorceress in the Woods

Long sleeptexting conversation with Jake last night. No code this time. I guess it didn't take long for my subconscious to get used to the new format. It's almost creepy how adaptive it is.

Me: I get the feeling that you are lying to me. And yet I know that you are aware of how unwise that would be in your position.

Jake: Unwise? Perhaps. But how do I trust that you are speaking the truth to me? How do I know you are on my side?

Me: You don't. It's as simple as that. You came to my for my help, at your own risk. I owe you no favors. You had better tell me the real reason you need my kind of help.

Jake:
I know your track record. The kind of help you give provides results. And I need results.

Me: If you have heard the stories of me, human, than you have discovered that I owe allegiance to no one. I am no common village witch, existing to solve your problems.

Jake: Indeed. I do not seek allegiance with you, but revenge on the village apothecary owner who poisoned my family. Forgive my inquiries about gaining your trust.

Me: Just a moment ago you said it was the King's physician who did the alleged "poisoning." You are brave to lie to me, but I am losing patience.

Jake: The King's physician was a lie. But it made the matter appear more dire. At any rate, my family is dead and I seek your help for gaining my revenge.

Me: I admire your courage. What makes you think, however, that I will even allow you to leave alive, now that you have seen the whereabouts of my home?

Jake: If you must take my life in the process, than so be it. At least I might be reunited with my loved ones. I traveled a great distance to find you here. The mysterious and dark woods frightened me, but I kept going. And here we are.

Me: How adorable. But I'm afraid I do not involve myself in such petty human affairs as revenge. If you'd like, I can make you a tonic that will lesson your grief.

Jake: Revenge is what I seek, but this is a matter of greater importance. Something that would perhaps make you more interested: the village apothecary owner is being guided by the powers of the Dark Host.

Me: How many times do I have to explain to you that I am autonomous? I care nothing for such things. Go find yourself a nice human witch. They'll do anything for a few coins. I shall not kill you, out of a newfound fondness. But do not trouble me again.

Jake: A human witch simply does not possess the powers needed to destroy this "man." I guess you do not either. I shall venture to the next town to see if Aegir will help me. He holds the power over the waters.


I'm not sure if I stopped responding at this point because my character had nothing else to say to Jake after saying "do not trouble me again," of if it was because Jake was making up a lot of details himself. He told me later he looked on the internet for good names, and Aegir is a norse god of the ocean. He's lucky I didn't call him a fool.
Although I did kinda threaten his life...that's new. O_o

I wonder what I was? A witch? A demon? A fairy-type being? Whatever else I might have been, I certainly wasn't very nice.

1 comment:

  1. you weren't very nice... but at least you found me adorable. lol

    ReplyDelete