I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Sleep Habit

One thing that comes up a lot in my dreams/ sleep activities is smoking.

I have never smoked a cigarette in my life. I never did as a teenager, and it's an impossibility now that I'm a singer. No one in my immediate family smokes around me. None of my close friends smoke. I've never even felt a real desire to try it.

But, I smoke a lot in my dreams. Especially lucid dreams. As soon as I realize I am dreaming, my first thoughts are often "Oh! I'm dreaming. Thank god. Where are my cigarettes?" I will suddenly have always had cigarettes and a lighter in my pocket and I get to smoke. I love how it feels in my dream. It's like taking a breath of extremely thick fresh air. It feels amazing in my lungs. O_o

A rather weird thing that I've done a few times in the past couple years is miming the process of smoking while sleeping. A few times now, I have sat up, patted my 'pockets', and mimed the whole process of smoking, with nothing actually in my hand. I bring out my 'cigarettes', my 'lighter', I hit the pack against my hand, I pull one out. I light up. I smoke. People have seen me do this. I remember doing it, vaguely, (except in my memory, I'm really holding a cigarette.)


I have no idea what this means. It's a strange theme to have reoccurring like this. It probably has something to do with supressed desires or some nonsense like that. But why smoking if I have no desire for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment