I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sleeptexting: Camel

It is amazing how my friends receive so many sleeptexts from me that they really just take it in stride these days. One of them receives a strange text from me in the middle of the night, and doesn't miss a beat. They are much less weirded out by these conversations than I am.

This happened at 2am last night. I don't remember this at all.

Me: A camel? Really?

Catheryne: Yes. A camel. Are you really so surprised?

Me: Well, when you said you were going to get me a pet, I was expecting a turtle or something.

Catheryne: But a camel is so much more practical than a turtle, don't you think? At least you can ride it.

Me: Under which circumstances, exactly, would I need to ride this camel? And where am I supposed to keep it? In the pantry?

Catheryne: Well, if you're ever in the desert, it would come in quite handy. Plus, having a camel as a pet is all the rage in Paris. You can always keep it in your bedroom. I hear they are quite cuddly.

Me: They are all the rage in Paris because they might come in handy...in the desert?

Catheryne: I don't try to understand the trends in Paris...it just seemed  like a popular pet.
Catheryne: Don't you like it? I thought you would. But I guess I was wrong. I suppose I could always return it...

Me: I'm just not sure what you're trying to tell me, giving me cuddly bedroom camels.

Catheryne: I just figured it would make a good companion for you.

Me: I suppose he's alright. I suppose it could have been worse. You might have decided that I needed a pantry bear. Or a bathtime shark friend.

Catheryne: What are you going to name him?



Who knows what that was all about. It seemed to be set in a modern setting, unlike the usual old fashioned eras my subconscious seems to gravitate towards.
I wasn't as mean as I usually am to Catheryne this time, although I don't think my subconscious can help but be a bit snarky.

No comments:

Post a Comment