I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Smoking Dreams

Most of my dreams last night were centered around cigarettes. I spent the whole time either look for cigarettes or smoking. I was even smoking a tobacco pipe at one point.
As I've said before, I have never smoked a cigarette in my waking life, but I dream about them all the time.

I have come up with a theory.
Whenever I have smoking dreams, I wake up the next morning with a headache. I often wake up gasping. I have never been officially diagnosed with apnea, but I know for sure that sometimes I hold my breath in my sleep.
I think my subconscious makes up the smoking scenario because I'm not breathing normally as I sleep. I need to take deep, real breaths, so my dreaming self is associating it with something you inhale.

I've had smoking dreams for years and years, and this only just occurred to me. I wonder if there's some truth in the idea.
Or maybe I was a chain smoker in a past life. :p

1 comment:

  1. You may have been smothered in a past life. It's a common cause of asthma in present lives.

    ReplyDelete