I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sleeptexting: Sunken Ship

This was a weird one.

Me: I do not see how we can get in there. I can swim down that far but we would have to break a window to get inside.

Lexi:Then we have to break a window --we don't have another choice.

Me: Well, we can choose to walk away. But then we will never find out what's in there. And if an official finds out that this ship wrecked here, it will be salvaged and all that money wasted on the government.

Lexi: We can't walk away without trying. Think of how we might use that money!

Me:Besides, that's quicksand under there. It might be that no one else finds it before it sinks.

Lexi: Buy are you sure you can reach the window before it starts to sink?

Me: I can reach it fine. But the problem will be breaking it. I can use the old iron canon as a battering ram. But I don't know if it will have enough force underwater.

Lexi You should be able to move it easier underwater, but if it's stuck in that quicksand, we could really be in trouble. Are there any canon balls left? That might be too good to be true.

Me:Of course not. You know how old it is and you can't shoot a canon underwater anyway. It will be easier to move underwater but the force behind the impact will be greatly lessened. It will be like trying to break a window with a wet sponge.

Lexi: I meant to hit the window with... That damned trigger probably couldn't fire under the very best conditions. I can't believe there aren't any rocks around here. Do you see any?


I have no idea what that was all about. I think there's a bit of a miscommunication between us, because it only kind of makes sense.
I read a short story last week about a sunken ship. I haven't thought about it since, but obviously my subconscious was thinking about it. It may be the first time that a sleeptexting session has been a pretty direct reference to something in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment