I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Dream: Apple Tree Savior

Last night all I dreamed was that I was being chased by an evil ghost of a little girl, and I ran right into a lion's den and was ripped apart and eaten. Since that's just a short uninteresting little nightmare, here is a dream from a few weeks ago that I had written down:

I dreamed I was a nun. Another nun and I were the only people living in a small convent in the countryside next to a small town. We were both quite young and even attractive, but everyone in the town disliked us and shunned our little church. We knew it was important to bring people back to the church and to restore the dignity of the convent. We prayed to God for a miracle in desperation. God's messenger visited both of us in a dream saying that a miracle would come to us in the apple orchard.
The next day, we waited by the apple trees in front of the sanctuary. There was a ladder leaning up against the trunk of the largest apple tree. The tree started to creak loudly, and the trunk split open at the top. Down the ladder stepped a man. We knew immediately that it was Jesus, but his body was completely made out of wood from the apple tree. The wood moved almost as freely as a body made of flesh. When he got to the bottom of the ladder, he looked at us with such complex intensity, then stumbled as though he was unused to such a form. The other nun and I caught him and turned to bring him inside. We noticed then that there was a man standing on the path that led to the village. He was an old rival of our convent, always convincing the other villagers that we were not to be trusted to spread the word of God. He had seen what had just happened and he turned and ran down the path to the villagers. Before we were halfway to the sanctuary doors, most of the villagers were mobbing towards us, yelling for us to give up our Lord Jesus to them. They screamed that we were not fit to have him. Jesus belonged to the village, they yelled. We were terrified and went as quickly as possible into the sanctuary and bolted the doors behind us. We set the now unconscious Jesus down on a small bed in an antechamber as the villagers pounded on the giant doors.
We stood in the church looking at each other, not knowing what to do next when suddenly two men ran out from the shadows. One went after the other nun who ran into the hallway and out of sight. The other put a silver arrow to his bow, advancing while I retreated. I tripped on the alter steps. He set his drawn arrow in front of my face.
"Where is my Lord?" he said very quietly.

Then I woke up suddenly. I hate waking up at moments like this. I'll never get to know what happens! grrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment