I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dream: Dreaming?

I dreamed that I was an investment banker. I dreamed a lot of details of that life. I was 37 years old. I was unmarried, but had a long time boyfriend, and we were talking about marriage within the next year. I made decent money -certainly enough to live comfortably, and enough to send some help to my only sister who just got laid off. I drove a Lexus. I was moderately happy in my work, but needed a vacation. I was fantasizing about going to Fiji soon. My name was Grace.

The dream was a normal day in my life. I dreamed the entire day. I got up, got ready for work, took a shower, stopped at the gas station and Starbucks on my way to work. I went to lunch at 1:30, and left work a little early that day because my sister was in town and I was taking her to dinner.

While driving in the car with my sister, we were catching up on each other's lives, joking about our crazy parents etc. She asked me if I was still having strange dreams. I said yes. She knows I've been having these dreams for about 25 years. I regularly dreamed that my name was Lizzy, and right now I was going to a music school in Cleveland, but used to go to a Californian school for Anthropology. The dreams went into great detail about Lizzy, and often I dreamed through an entire day of Lizzy's life. Me(Grace) and my sister have been talking about these Lizzy dreams for as long as we can remember. My sister found it fascinating.
"What if you were Lizzy in a past life?"
"I don't know." I said. I didn't really believe in past lives. "Besides, it doesn't seem to be in a different time period or anything. Lizzy lives in modern Cleveland."
"Wouldn't it be scary if there really was a Lizzy? What if you met her someday?"
"Yeah that would be creepy. They're just dreams. But still, I'm glad that I have no reason to go to Cleveland."


Ok so this dream is creepy on many levels. For anyone who is reading this blog who doesn't know me, I am Lizzy, and all those details about me are true. I'm dreaming about Grace, who is dreaming about me. To say waking up from a dream like that is confusing is an understatement.

5 comments:

  1. creepy...what if there is really someone out there named grace who is an investment banker and dreams about your life????

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that's the case, Catheryne, she'll know about you. She'll have dreamed hanging out with you a lot this year. So it would be creepy even if YOU met her someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL in that case, i hope to meet this mysterious grace before i die :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would freak out if I met Grace, especially after reading this. Maybe she'll be on her long needed vacation to sf and recognize me O_o.

    Also, this reminds me of the one charles delint character who dreams her other life every night. If I dreamed someone else every night who lived on the east coast, I think I'd try and call you to see if it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking that Grace would probably know about this blog, and could therefore find it on the internet.
    Wouldn't that be insane? O_o
    It would make a good story, at least.

    ReplyDelete