I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dreams: More Blasphemy

My subconscious is so blasphemous. O_o

I dreamed I was a psychiatrist of sorts, but my specialty was to help religious people turn away from their faith and embrace a religionless reality. It was my job to ease them into the transition of a non-religious mentality and to be there to help them in their feelings of grief over it. The idea in the dream was that they were much better off for having done it.
"Its like putting peroxide on a cut," I told them. "It can hurt like hell, but it has to be done if you're going to heal."

Then the dream morphed into me being a Pharaoh-like character. My city had a national religion that I had always tolerated. I had always known unquestionably that it was a completely false set of beliefs. My people were starting to get out of hand with their worship, practicing sacrifice, neglecting living activities because they were too preoccupied with the afterlife. I decided to ban the religion, and destroy all temples and statues dedicated to the god. (I think his name was Bale...but I'm not sure.)
I commissioned new statues, asking the sculptor to come up with a new symbol to symbolize the importance of life and ethics and the people as the most important beings, with me as their leader. I remember being worried that the symbol would become an icon and people would personify it and begin to worship it again. I woke up before the statues were finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment