I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dream: Life Choices

I dreamed that I was visiting a zoo with my two friends Laura and Alisha. It was an indoor zoo, with several stories. There were no staircases, just elevators. That way if an animal ever escaped, it couldn't go down the stairs. The three of us finished up on the fourth floor, where the safari animals were located, and went up to see the reptiles on the fifth floor.

The prize exhibit of this zoo was a record-breaking 29foot crocodile, kept in a gigantic enclosure. We were in a section where you could look at him closely through glass. He was sitting just on the other side from us, and we took many pictures, excited to be able to stand so close to him.

Just as we were pressing our faces up to the glass, there was suddenly an earthquake. I think this dream took place in California, where I used to live. The exhibit glass was new, apparently, and they underestimated how much shock it could absorb from an earthquake. We watched as a crack split across the glass. There was a moment of perfect silence before the glass shattered.

We covered ourselves as best we could to avoid the glass. When we looked up, there was nothing separating us from the 29foot crocodile that was already starting to advance aggressively towards us. We ran down the wide hallway towards the elevator as the crocodile escaped its enclosure and ran after us.

Alisha was not as fast of a runner as Laura and I. I didn't notice that she had fallen behind until Laura and I had already made it to the elevator and desperately pushed the 1st floor button. I looked up and saw her still 15 feet from the elevator doors, the crocodile right on her heels.

The doors began to close, and I realized that Alisha wasn't going to make it in time. If we stopped the doors from closing, all three of us would die. That was an absolute certainty.
So Laura and I stood there and watched as the doors slid shut.
We stood there and watched her face as comprehension dawned in her expression. We saw comprehension turn to horror, then betrayal.
We could hear her screams as the elevator descended.


The first time I had this dream was maybe 4 years ago. I had just about forgotten about it, but it reoccurred last night. It's a VERY upsetting dream, even with the ridiculous dream aspect of a 29foot crocodile.
I'm sorry, Alisha. D:

No comments:

Post a Comment