I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Dream: The Logic of Dreams. The Logic of Musicals. -Not that Different

This dream was from a few years ago, I found it in my old livejournal. It still makes me laugh.

I dreamed I was sitting in my Anthropology class, having a heated class debate about Obama Vs. McCain. The class was almost evenly split in opinion, and things were getting tense.

I stood up at the most intense part of the debate, and started singing at the top of my voice. Everyone in class stared at me at first like I had gone mad.
For those of you who know the musical Oklahoma! This song that I sang is to the tune of The Farmer and the Cowman Should be Friends.
Here are the lyrics of what I sang:

Oooooh! The Democrats and the Republicans should be friends!
The Democrats and the Republicans should be friends.
One of them likes to hate the gays, the other likes to have parades,
But that's no reason why they can't be friends. la lala la!

The class proceeded to have an old-fashioned hoedown. The classroom became a barn with a large space for dancing, but the walls were still blackboards.

This is very much a category 1 dream. But the song was so funny, I had to post it. I remember waking up humming the tune.
If you've never heard the song before, you can listen to it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment