I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Sleepwalking: Payment

I sat up in bed, still asleep. I knew I had forgotten to do something important. I got up, and walked through the hallway, all the way to the bathroom sink. I picked up my toothbrush from its usual place, and set it on the floor of the hallway. "Thank you!" I called, in a cheerful tone of voice. Then I went back to bed.

Here's what was going through my mind:
I had forgotten to pay the Cleaners. The Cleaners are a race of tiny beings that live in the carpet. I had hired them to keep the carpet clean while I was on a business trip for a week. In the Cleaner society, toothbrushes are currency.

It made perfect sense to me at the time. When I walked out into the hallway in the morning, I stopped when I saw my toothbrush on the ground. I stood there staring at it for about three minutes before I remembered why it was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment