I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dreams: Audition

Yesterday I had an audition. Auditions make me nervous. Those nerves often leak into my dreams.

The night before the audition, I had 8-10 dreams. All short, all lame, all ending the exact same way. Here are some examples:

. I was on a small raft, floating down a very wide, very slow moving stream. I was nervous because I had heard there were dangerous things in this water, like piranhas, and even crocodiles. Suddenly the biggest crocodile I have ever seen leaped halfway out of the water, his jaws aimed at me. I was lying on my back, and had very little time to react. I put one foot on his top jaw, and one on his bottom, trying to keep myself from going inside his mouth.
While I was struggling for my life, I thought: Wait a moment...I have an audition today. Shit.
The dream ended abruptly. Another began.

. I was working undercover for the CIA. My job was to follow this guy who would be attending a wedding in southern Mexico. I was to pretend to be the Bride's sister and attend it as well. Eventually, he caught wind of me, and tried to make a run for it. I cornered him in an ally, gun in hand. While holding him at gunpoint against the wall, I suddenly thought: Wait a minute...I have an audition today. It's in Ohio. I'm in Mexico. How am I going to get there in time?
The dream ended.

. I was a four year old, daughter of a ships captain. We were a trade ship, not outside the law, but not operating perfectly within it either. We shipped goods from Sri Lanka to Europe, bypassing the main tax/toll areas. In the dream, my father was holding me up to the ship's helm, allowing me to steer. I was full of four-year-old joy. Then suddenly I turned to my father and said: "Wait a moment... I have an audition today. Daddy, I have to get to my audition. And I'm not four years old... I'm in grad school." My father looked at me like I had gone mad.
Then the dream ended.

My brain woke me up aggressively with the thought: I HAVE AN AUDITION TODAY. D:
Now that the audition is over, I realize how much tension I was holding. I feel better now. And last night, I dreamed only small dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment