I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dream: Electrocution

About two years ago, I was visiting my friend Alisha in San Francisco. I've never sleepwalked while at her house, but I always dream crazy things there. During this visit, I dreamed I was electrocuted.

In the dream, Alisha and I were taking a long walk. Along the side of a field we were walking by were several large machines that looked a bit like cranes, but had power lines running from one to the other. As we were walking by, suddenly we heard a startling shout from above us. We looked up in time to see a man falling off of one of these cranes. He fell to his death, landing about fifteen feet in front of us.

We stood there in shock. He was obviously dead. We couldn't move, we were so surprised and horrified. As we stood there, the crane started to groan, as if it was about to topple over. Several live wires got loose and started to fall. A large portion of the top of the crane broke off and fell.

Alisha was still in shock, and I had to push her out of the way, and dive in the opposite direction in order to save us. Unfortunately, the place where I landed was in the middle of the live wires, and I was electrocuted.
I woke up in Alisha's house convulsing, like I was having a seizure. I couldn't stop for about ten seconds after waking. My body was so pumped full of adrenaline, I was panting. I couldn't sleep for the rest of the night.


Last night, I had a similar dream. This time, I was the one who couldn't react fast enough, and Alisha had to push me away. I still landed in the live wires, and was killed. I wasn't convulsing when I woke up, but I was shivering uncontrollably.
Today, in the back of my mind, I've been a bit nervous around electrical things.

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap, I'd forgotten all about this! O_o At least I finally did something semi-heroic in one of your dreams, haha. Too bad I'm not more observant. :( What a stressful way to wake up.

    I've always been horrified by the thought of being struck by lightening. Even wearing headphones when it's raining makes me nervous about the wire. >_>

    ReplyDelete