I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Dream: Vampire Ethics

I was dreaming about Twilight last night. In the dream, I knew I was dreaming. I became so disgusted that i was dreaming about Twilight, my dreaming self forced me to wake up.

When I fell back asleep, I was still dreaming about vampires, but at least they weren't of the twinkly twilight variety.
These vampires never killed. They fed off of humans and animals, but never ended life. It wasn't just out of conscience-it was simply their natural way of feeding. In this world, vampires were known to exist, and lived side by side with humans. The vampires started to protest the human way of life. They held peaceful demonstrations, sit ins and rallies, protesting the way humans sustained themselves.

Humans, they argued, are constantly killing. EVERYTHING they eat has been killed. They must end life in order to live. Vampires weren't like that. They lived a symbiotic existence with all creation, never taking any life. Even the clothes they wore were materials that do not cost the living being its life, such as wool, and cotton.
It was time for humans to end their murderous ways.

I woke up thinking, Vampire Hippies? ...still better than twilight.

No comments:

Post a Comment