I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Sleepwalking: Time

This wasn't exactly the deep-sleep sleepwalking I've been doing, because I remember what happened. It was more like, confused-sleepy-walking around. I guess I'm including it in category 1 sleepwalking.

I sat up. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 12:56. Four minutes until one o'clock. It was in my head that it was against the law for me to allow myself to go back to sleep until it was one o'clock exactly. I needed four minutes.
I got out of bed, went to the bathroom and brought back the box of tissues. I placed four tissues on top of the clock: one for each minute.
I knew that that had done the trick, and I was allowed to go back to sleep.

I remember that making sense very clearly. It took me a few minutes in the morning to remember why I had tissues on my alarm clock.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of tissues and cotton balls and things of that nature being somehow associated with time. Like you can tick off how many you use in order to compensate for when you need to be doing something.

    ReplyDelete