I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Childhood Dreams

I am home for the holidays, at my mom's house. I was going through some old papers, and files on my mom's old computer, and I came across a few dreams I had written down years and years ago. Some were written down in brief summary by my mom because she thought they were interesting. Here is one I found written when I was very young:


"People are picking flowers and holding them up to their faces looking at them. The flowers are closed and then they open up and mimic the expression of the person's face that is holding them. They have little flower faces. One looks very happy and another looks grumpy and then surprised. Flowers from somewhere else?"

I don't remember that dream. I wonder how old I was when I wrote it. I'm assuming young enough to be ignorant of the use of commas.
Its too bad I didn't write down my dreams when I was a teenager. I used to have at least 3 long, vivid dreams every night. I was too lazy and angsty to write them down.

Here is one my mom wrote down. She just wanted to write a brief summary, so I'd remember more of the dream later. I was very young when I dreamed this too:

"Lizzy walks into a completely deserted town. She hears a crackly voice from somewhere say to her, 'Now that you are here, you can never leave.' She turns towards the voice and see that it is a crow talking to her. In her dream, Lizzy has walked into a town that has been quarantined with some horrible disease. Law officials show up and try to shoot her because she has been in contact with it."

That dream I do vaguely remember. I remember the talking crow anyway. I must have been 7 or 8 years old when I dreamed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment