I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sleepwalking Poem: Tree of Golden Light

I wrote this the same night I texted with Catheryne the "Sapling" conversation.
I had forgotten about it because after I had written it, I folded it up and put it in the freezer.

First, let me describe the other sleepwalking things I did that night. I'm piecing this together based on my own very vague memories, and the discription of events given to me by Anjin and Chris the next day.
My roommate Anjin and her boyfriend Chris were still awake, in the kitchen. Neither of them had ever seen me sleepwalk before, so this was a first. First thing I did was walk out of my room, grab a bottle of olive oil from the counter, and went back in my room without looking at them. I appeared soon after, and I can't remember the exact order of events, but I made a little structure out of hangers, an empty tissue box, some candles that I have that are shaped like frogs, and a bunch of coins. I sorted the coins first, and layered them symmetrically around the box.
According to Anjin, I found a coin that just didn't fit in with the others. It was only then that I looked up at them. Apparently this really creeped them out, because they didn't know if I knew they were standing there. I insistently handed them the coin, and went back to what I was doing.
I think at one point I had a cd in my hand, and was trying to offer it to the cat...But I can't remember that too well.
Then at some point I sat down and stared at the table for a while. Then I said "I need a pen." Anjin describes my voice as having been high pitched and creepy, like a little girl's voice. Anjin got freaked out and said "We don't have any pens! Go to bed!" but Chris said "She's gonna write something!" And gave me a pen.
I stared at it for a while, then said, "I need paper." Chris got me music staff paper. He was probably hoping I'd write some music.
Instead I wrote a little poem between the staffs. Here it is:


I came upon a tree of golden light.
I met his eyes and let myself sink into them.
I saw my own body and spent the winter shaking
my head at the thought of my old ways.
I drank the sun and filled myself to the
tip of every leaf.
I loved for the first time, everything.


Having written that on the same night as the Sapling texts, made me think I was a tree while I was texting with Catheryne.

No comments:

Post a Comment