I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sleep Texts: The Cheesemaker

Me: Pardon me, but where can I find the cheesemaker at this late hour?

Laura:
I believe he is at the tavern having a drink before he heads home for the night.

Me: Thank you. I must find him right away.

Laura: Is everything ok? Is there anything more I can do to help?

Me: Well, not particularly. Unless you know the cheesemaker? I don't know him by name unfortunately.

Laura: I stop by the shop from time to time. His name is David, I believe. We are friends.

Me: Thank you for the information! You have been most helpful. I am Gwyn, the physicians assistant. Who are you?

Laura: My name is Lumen. My father owns the bakery.

Me: Well, thank you again. I'm off to find the cheesemaker. Stop by the physicians workshop sometime.

Laura: I will stop by sometime. Bye, Gwyn.


Then, about a half hour later:

Me: Excuse me, sir, are you the cheesemaker? I was told the cheesemaker might be here.

Chris: Cheese? CHEESE? Ugh, is this what I'm reduced to? Yes, I make cheese, and do many other more important things as well. What are ya looking for?

Me: I'm afraid I've interrupted your drink rather late. But I am sent on an errand of importance. The physician needs to know if you keep a stock of lillywax cheese in your shop.

Chris: Lillywax, eh? That's a rare one these days. I hope you have the coin for it. What's that physician up to anyhow?

Me: He is preparing an antidote that can be administered only by the lilywax cheese. If you don't mind, might we go get it now? The patient could probably wait till morning, but it's best if we get it to her sooner.

Chris: A medicinal trojan horse! What a clever man. Alright, come around back, I keep it in the cellar. It's much too humid these days. Will this be goin on the physicians tab then?

Me: Yes, thank you.

Chris: Not a problem. You're just lucky I was still up. The misses usually calls me to bed earlier, but she's at her sister's for a time yet. Oh, and tell that physician to stop by sometime. We haven't had a good chat in too long.

Me: I will tell him. He has his hands full these days with the misadventures of His Grace's twins. Every week it's something. And now little Emily has gone and eaten the poisonous heath flowers. Hence the lillywax.

Chris: Ah! I had forgotten about those flowers... Bless those children. They've brought so much joy to that man. Hurry along now, Emily is not one to wait for anything, even health heh heh heh.

Ok so, I don't remember any of this. Sometimes I vaguely remember the story behind it, but this time I don't. It's a pretty clear story though, I even have a name this time.
Also, Lillywax cheese? O_o

2 comments:

  1. So THIS character, Gwyn, is not your normal character. Gwyn is much less abrasive and aggressive. Like, I can't imagine Gwyn getting mad at anyone and calling them a fool. In fact, I can see someone making Gwyn feel belittled! Do the same general characters more or less appear in all of your sleep texts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gywn certainly seems nicer than some of the other personas. She seems young and polite.
    I think it's a different character each time. Certain things carry over, like calling people fools. But they all seem to have different identities and missions.
    Once I was even a tree!
    http://lizzysnightlife.blogspot.com/2010/11/sleep-texts-sapling.html

    ReplyDelete