I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dream: Isolation

I dreamed that I decided that life was too difficult. There were too many terrible things in this world for it to be worthwhile. So I took my leave, and went where I knew I would be bothered by this life's troubles no longer.
I climbed the marble steps of the Temple of Isolation. Michael the Archangel saw me. Before the door could seal shut, he appeared in a shimmering blue light and wedged it open with his sword. He told me that before I finalize my decision, I must walk through the corridor. He pointed at two large oak doors. I walked through and followed the empty, unimpressive maze of hallways. Finally there were no more turns, only a straight corridor that expanded and the ceiling of which rose until it was out of sight. A massive mirror made up the entirety of the far wall.
I hesitated. My apathy wavered. I knew that if I looked into this mirror, I would see Truth. I sould see my decision for what it really was.
I walked towards it slowly, my eyes fixed on the ground. I stopped, my face only a foot away from the mirror. I looked up. In the mirror I saw first my own reflection, then the reflection of my decision. In the mirror I saw the most terrifying, the ugliest, the most horrifying creature. I awoke before I could run screaming from the temple, the blue light of Michael still in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment