I am an extremely active sleepwalker and especially sleep-texter. Here is a record of my sleepwalking activities, transcriptions of my sleep text conversations, and narrations of my crazy dreams.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Dream: The Death of a Sacred Lion

I dreamed that I was from a sprawling city which looked most like a middle eastern city, or perhaps somewhere in India. In my culture, lions were sacred and very common. It was the law that you could not hinder the doings of a lion. It was also considered extremely socially incorrect to even show that you noticed them at all by looking directly at them or avoiding them in any way. This was considered extremely prideful and arrogant, as if you are saying that you know God's will and think you can control it.

But, of course, these were lions wandering around the city, so they did very commonly attack people. When this happened, if it happened in front of you, you were expected to fall into a ritual prayer of thanks, or ignore it completely.

Also part of this dream was a back story that there is only one gun in the entire world. It was a pistol, and I had only ever heard stories and myths about it. I knew that people were always stealing it from one another, and the possessor of the gun always died gruesomely . There were groups of men who spend their lives hunting it down, trying to posses it. I had heard recently that it was rumored to be somewhere in the city. I wanted nothing to do with it.

One day, I heard that a lion had been shot. (in the indirect language my people used to discuss lions.) Later, in the marketplace, I had gone to get some supplies, and I was walking among merchant and lions. I looked into my bag for some money, and there was the gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment